terça-feira, 25 de outubro de 2011

Schaum's Outline of Chinese Vocabulary


Schaum's Outline of Chinese Vocabulary
Date: 2002
Pages: 304
Format: PDF
Size: 20,5 MB
This vocabulary book is the greatest idea in the world! I used Pimsleur (Mandarin I, II & III) along with the Oxford Starter Chinese Dictionary as my collective foundation for learning the Chinese language (Mandarin). Both of these tools were GREAT but now that I'm trying to have actual conversations with Chinese people (using VoIP - voice communication over the internet) I've discovered that my vocabulary is a little (a lot?) weak. (I know I'm stating the obvious here, but when it comes to having REAL conversations in ANY language, a well developed and modern vocabulary is a MUST.) I think the major strengths of Schaum's Outlines Chinese Vocabulary can be reduced to just one word: practicality. In this respect, I think it is far superior to just a standard dictionary. Don't get me wrong, its not a replacement for traditional and complete English-Chinese and Chinese(pinyin)-English dictionaries, but the filtering, organization and presentation of its content are PERFECT for rehearsing and quickly developing a large, PRACTICAL and MODERN vocabulary. Great stuff. I also found Schaum's Chinese Grammar to be a useful book as well.

Nenhum comentário: